You may be entitled to free legal representation
Did you know you have rights as a consumer and debt collectors have to abide by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Debt collections companies are not allowed to harass you throughout the day.
Here are a few tips on how to deal with them but also important info on how to be compensated for those harassing calls and letters:
5 Tips on dealing with Debt Collection Calls.
1. Write down the name and the person of the collection agency.
2. State that you do not acknowledge the debt and request that they [collection agency] corresponds via mail.
3. Take note of the time of day the collection agency is contacting you. Remember they are not allowed to call you before 8am or after 9pm (your time zone)
4. Send out a cease and desist letter to stop the debt collection calls. If the debt collectors continue to call after the letter has been mailed out. Record the time and date and seek legal action.
5. OPEN YOUR MAIL!!! You have 30 days to respond to a dunning letter sent by a collection agency/debt collector.
If all of this is too tedious or overwhelming then you need to hire Classy Credit (866) 216-7278 schedule a free credit review today